Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Isla San Francisco

We've been anchored at Isla San Francisco for a few days, one of our favorite spots in the Sea of Cortez. Weather continues to amaze us (and all the other cruisers we hasten to add); uncommonly warm for this time of year, mild winds, flat seas for the most part -- the makings of a fabulous season. The worry expressed by some folks is that the warm water this early might be a portent of more and stronger hurricanes this summer.

Last Monday, Feb. 10, is the last day we picked up groceries in La Paz. I (Marlene) bought my usual bunch of pears to eat with cottage cheese for lunch. Before digging into the new pears, I finished eating 4 that were ripe and in the refrigerator. Well, on day 5, I picked up one from the new batch and it was rock-hard. Hmmm, what to do? I peeled it, cored and sliced it put it in a small pot with water and cooked it! After boiling for a minute, then simmering for a few more minutes, it was perfect! And the juice was great too! I think I've hit on a solution to how to deal with those boxes of pears at at Costco!

We have a walk planned for this afternoon, after which we'll prepare our roast beef dinner -- and maybe get in another Scrabble game tonight.

More later.....

Marlene and Roy